Adventure Day Camp
The Hyde Park Recreation Department runs summer day camps at the Hackett Hill Park and other sites in the area throughout the summer months. Detailed information, including cost, times and locations is available in the Recreation Brochure (PDF).
Registration Beginning May 10th 9:30AM
The Town is pleased to be able to provide this year our Hackett Hill Adventure Camp in a modified form to reflect local, state and CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
Because these guidelines change regularly, if not daily, we will be adjusting camp protocols and regulations to assure that campers are provided with the best and safest experience possible.
- Camp will operate at a reduced capacity per session to accommodate inclement-weather-related indoor sheltering procedures, social distancing and other safety measures
- Beginning May 10th registration will only be open to Hyde Park residents. If capacity is not full Immediately prior to camp opening we will open to residents of the Hyde Park Central School District.
- If you are an out-of-residency parent or guardian paying for camp of a child who is a Resident of Hyde Park, please create an account using the child’s information to ensure you are able to register.
- Camp will run from 9am to 4pm as usual. AM & PM Care, as well as all Swim Lessons, are tentative pending receipt of updated guidelines. Registering for these activities will place you on an immediate waitlist for free. If it is possible to open these programs, you will be able to enroll and pay from the waitlist.
- Camp will consist of 3, 2-week sessions. This will help us reduce turnover and potentially transmission of COVID-19. Children will remain with their groups for the 2-week session and will not be interacting with other groups at camp.
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times. Campers will be required to wear masks in line with current activity guidelines (e.g. masks are not allowed in the pool).
- Finally, there will be a $10 COVID fee per child per session to help us facilitate a clean environment full of trained and prepared staff.
We look forward to a great year for our camp, though in a modified form to accommodate all guidelines and safety measures.
Register for summer camp online using our new Hyde Park Recreation Department MyRec site.
All Campers must have a completed:
- Authorization from your doctor for camp attendees who require medication to be dispensed during camp
- Immunization record
- Medical History Form
- Photo/Video Release Form
- Pickup Release Form listing everyone who is allowed to pick children after camp
Additional Form Information
These forms are available in the Summer Camp Form (PDF). All children with the same last name can be listed on one Pickup Release Form and one Photo/Video Release Form but each child requires an individual medical form. Just the Medical History Form (PDF) can be viewed.
Please visit the Summer Jobs page for more information.